Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
Yes I think they can, but ONLY if they are motivated and want to learn.
2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
yes they can under certain circumstances
3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself?
They have to have the resources to do so and someone to provide them.
4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?
Computers and internet play a big part into the process, I don't think it is possible with out it
5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?
Moitivation is every thing in the desire to learn, without motivation, you have nothing
6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?
That's where you may have a problem and need teachers, because some students may not be able to figure out a problem on their own.
7. How do you motivate someone to learn?
By making them eager to learn, in other words, finding something to spark their interest.
8. How are you motivated to learn?
to get a degree, that's about it. As a matter of fact, one of the things I struggle with is finding motivation.
9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn learn?
No, I do not think it is possible, especially without a teacher.
10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?
I have a hard time doing this, especially when it involves new technology and computers i.e. this class
11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning?
I think I need teachers to learn, I could not do it all myself
12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video?
That kids can teach themselves but they have to have the motivation and SOME guideance from an outside source.
13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers?
That students have to want to learn.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bradley! I really enjoyed your post. Your questions were great. Like you, I have a hard time teaching myself. I am very motivated but I believe that I learn better when I have someone teaching me and asking me questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a test. This comment should be sent to your Gmail account and to edm310comments@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete