Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog Post #6

The Networked Student
"The Networked student" video was very interesting. At first I tought the video looked sort of slapped together, but after watching for a few seconds I saw that it was very well put together and orchestrated, and the artwork was somewhat done very well.
I think this is a really cool way to get knowledge and information to your students, it really gets them into the 'hands on' part of learning as they are actually 'doing' while they are learning. I think as a teacher I could handle a 'networked' student, although it would be difficult.
Lastly, I think the networked student does need the teacher, mainly to keep track of the student's progress and help them when they have a question or are stuck, which I think would be very prolific considering something like that can be very confusing.

"A 7th grader's PLE"
I liked this video a lot better than the last one, I found it to be really, really cool. I wish I would have had a PLE like this in school, especially in high school. Mainly because it would teach me responsibility and give me more freedom, however I think I would've struggled with it back then, because I was not as 'technologically savy' as I am now, and a lot of the stuff that we do in this class is still way over my head. However I think the would be a great tool for me now, I liked the way the speaker had organized all of her subjects, this tool would really help me, because like a lot of other guys I know, I struggle with organization of my school work and books.

"The Machine is Changing us"
This video really struck a chord with me, mainly about how much the world had changed. The main thing said that I thought was interesting was when the speaker said he had a 'front row seat to how culture is changing', I have often thought to myself about, I wonder what my teachers (especially the one's who have been teaching for decades) think about the ever-changing ways of culture and technology, and as Mr. Wesch says, they have a front row seat!

3 comments:

  1. Bradley,
    I appreciate your comments. I totally agree with you on your PLE comments. I am in the same boat as you are. I true feel if I had a PLE in high school and my early years of college I would be a better student. I just seems the backbone of PLE is being organized and believe me I needed help. Your last comment on the "The Machine is Changing Us" is so true in the fact that we are in the front seat of a changing culture. Thank you for the blogs and voicing your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bradley,

    PLN/Es are extremely useful for students and teachers. I do think that they enhance a student's learning; however, as a student, I personally would not want to solely rely on my PLN. I do still want a teacher to instruct me and guide me through my learning process. I definitely think the teacher can help the student find interesting and useful information to add to his/her PLN. By having a PLN, we can be more organized, and it is much easier to find information at a quicker pace. I think PLNs should be used in the classroom because they have great benefits.

    What things in this class are still over your head?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bradley,

    I really like your post! It was very well written, and I agree with all that you said. I think the only things that need to be done are adding a link to each website & inserting a picture to the post. Watch out for run-on sentences! I have a problem with them, also.

    ReplyDelete