Monday, October 11, 2010

Blog Post #7

"Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams"

I found this video to be eyeopening, interesting, extremely well formatted and last but certainly not least, very funny. I really enjoyed Randy Pausch's style of speaking and story telling capabilites. I found it very interesting and inspiring how he got 'the cat out of the bag' early in the video and discussed his cancer, and also discussed the things he didn't want to talk about. Not because they were nessicarilly bad things, but that they were just not that relivant to the speech he was making.
I really enjoyed how he was very honest in what his childhood dreams were, and if he achieved them or not, he found solice in the fact that in trying to achieve every dream, he learned a valuble lesson that helped him later in life.
I really think all teachers should watch this video and instill some of these thoughts into their students. If all young kids and really all adults I suppose, lived as if anything is possible and to always be positive and you can achieve your dreams and anything you set out to do. I think living positive is something that society is lost today.
Obviously, being a guy, the part of the speech that I related to the most was the "NFL" one. It seems like every kid growing up who plays any sport wants to and dreams of becoming a professional at that sport. I really enjoyed the quote that if someone is not "on your case", they have given up. That really struck a chord with me, and is something I think I am going to remember for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. I agree completely with you about that everyone should be more positive and maybe if everyone believed in themselves or something, then maybe society would get back some of its unity it has lost. Also we could then use this positivity and unity to help get our students where they need to be and there would be enough people around to make sure that everyone had somebody rooting for them and who would never give up. We all need some encouragement and as teachers we can't be there for everyone but with the help of the community we can help these students be everything they dream of. Dreams are what give children hope and we need to nurture that as long as they'll let us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brad, it was a great video wasn't it? I really enjoyed what he had to say and found it extremely inspiring. It was amazing how he went about the fact that he had cancer and was only given so long to live. I wish we could all live life like him. I feel like we would accomplish more of the goals we set earlier on in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bradley I agree I loved this inspiring wonderful video, it just gives you a new perspective on life and how you should live from day to day. Keep up the good work in your posts.

    ReplyDelete