Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blog Post #2

"Did You Know"
   I Found this video to be very, very interesting in almost a disturbing way. The information provided was very informative and the most amazing thing to me, was wondering how long it took someone to collect, categoize, and combine all of this information into this format, it must have taken months.
   The thing that probably was the most surprising was how many text messages were sent per day, I work as an in-store sales rep for a cell phone company and this even amazes me, I always tell people when purchasing a text message packagem that they always text more then they think they will, this figure brings a whole new variable into play though.

"Mr. Winkle Wakes"
  This video to me, was informative just like "Did You Know" but invloled less figures and statistics and more satire, among other things. It sort of makes me laugh because I know many "older people" who are like this, that if they were in an office building or a hospitol now, they would be completely dumbfounded by all of the "new technology" that was there.
   I agree with the point that the video is trying to make, that there isn't enough techology in the school, that it hasn't changed in "100 years". I think teachers should take more initiative to bring and introduce new technology to their students, because once they go off to college, the technology is going to be there, because almost every class I have taken in college has been "web enhanced".

"The Importance of Creativity"
    This is a very interesting video, the subject matter that Sir ken Robinson touches on is one that hasn't been widely talked about, in my eyes. I agree with him that creativity is very slowly shifted out of children and young adults minds.
   I also highly agree with him that intelligence is entirely one sided and intelligence is wonderfully dynamic and it is distinct, some, not all, education program deprive students of their creative abilities. I think as future educators we should make an effort to apply our studnets creative abilites to our classroom teachings.

"Viki Davis"
   What Viki Davis is doing for her students and education in general is great. I agree 100 percent with her that with pencil and paper, only a certain type of student is going to succeed. While applying new technology to the classroom may not help every student, it will certainly raise the percentage of students' success.
    Letting the students figure out how to perform tasks and troubleshoot the projects on their own is a great way to teach them skill that they will use in the future. While watching this video I could only think about the advantages I would have had if I had a high school class like this.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bradley, your blog post was very good. I like the "Did You Know" video it was very informational and down to the point. It is amazing how much we text and use technology. I think I'll lose my mind if I did not have my phone or access to the internet. Those two things will never change for me. I like how Mrs. Davis have her students in her classroom, how they learn but learn without a pencil and paper. They actually get to do more things in the classroom then sit at the desk and be lectured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realize that we had more to the assignment then I thought. I loved how you labeled each section of your topics we had to do. Your post was great just a little spelling eras that need to be fixed. But other then that great job.

    ReplyDelete